E-book: Analytic Writing Guide, 2nd edition
Louis M. Kaiser and Randolph H. Pherson
Newly Updated 2nd Edition!
- Conceptualize your project with AIMS, the Analytic Spectrum, Opportunities Analysis, and Source Summary Statements.
- Review your draft with new checklists and Peer Review techniques.
- Bullet-Proof your final draft with critiquing tools.
- “Presenting Analysis in the Digital Era”: embrace new strategies and techniques for preparing digital presentations.
- “Write to a Target Audience”: learn to establish a flow of ideas and information that directly address your client’s needs.
- “Eliminate Ambiguity in the Wording”: discover the importance of clarity and guidelines for drafting clear sentences that readers readily understand.
The Analytic Writing Guide is a user’s guide for writing papers, short memos, and emails when the objective is to inform a busy reader or decision maker who is inundated with other communication and preoccupied with other tasks. It focuses on ideas and information: making sure that all the information needed to understand the main points is in the paper and in the right order, minimizing and eliminating extraneous information and ideas, and resolving inconsistencies. This book offers a mix of strategic and tactical advice for writers of analytic papers, ranging from how to get started to how to order information in a paragraph.
Includes one PDF download on one device, and requires downloading the Flux Player by Flickrocket (free-of-charge).
The Flux Player supports the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows: May require download of FREE Adobe Digital Editions
- Mac: 10.7.2 or newer, Intel processor
- Android: 2.3 and newer
- iOS: 9.0 or newer
- Kindle Fire: 5.1.2 and newer
- Chrome OS: 42.0 or newer