What makes people listen and why should they listen to you? This class will teach you how to make important connections and influence people with your analysis.
Make sure your analysis is organized and understood by your client. This course teaches learners how to:
- Apply a structured analytic approach
- Select and weigh evidence
- Demonstrate the ability to think in a logical and organized manner about a problem or issue
- Present compelling analytic conclusions
Topics and Techniques Explored:
- AIMS method for conceptualizing an analytic product
- The Analytic Spectrum, a concept to identify the type of analysis being produced.
- The use of Argument Maps to assess logical flow
- The authenticity, reliability, and credibility method for evaluating sources and data
- The use of the Inverted Triangle, Argument Maps, or Mind Maps for conceptualizing and constructing your draft
- Critical Thinker’s Checklist for final review and self-editing