ONLINE Foresight Structured Analytic Techniques (FSATs)
This is a two-week part-time online course, with up to 12 participants. It includes four 2-hour online instructor-led sessions (on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1300-1500 EST), plus individual assignments, interaction with fellow learners on discussion boards, a capstone exercise, and a multiple choice exam.
Successful completion of this course satisfies part of Globalytica's Level 2 IAP Certification.
They say hindsight is 20/20—we say foresight is even better. Learn how to anticipate the unforeseen for a competitive edge and a proactive analytic culture.
The objective of Foresight Analysis is to generate a solid set of scenarios to explore plausible alternative futures. Foresight Analysis helps analysts, decision makers, and policymakers contemplate multiple futures, challenge their assumptions, and anticipate change by identifying “unknown unknowns.” In this course, learners engage in hands-on foresight exercises to:
- Identify key drivers of an issue, problem, or event
- Generate a set of alternative futures or trajectories
- Develop indicators for use as an early-warning mechanism
- Create action plans for complex issues
Techniques Explored and Applied:
- Key Drivers Generation™
- Key Uncertainties Finder™
- Multiple Scenarios Generation
- Indicators Generation and Validation
- Indicators Evaluation
- The Impact Matrix