ONLINE Diagnostic Structured Analytic Techniques (DSATs)
Online Instructor-Led Sessions are:
July 10, 2020: 13:00-14:30 EDT
July 14, 2020: 13:00-14:30 EDT
July 17, 2020: 13:00-14:30 EDT
July 21, 2020: 13:00-15:00 EDT (Note longer session time)
July 24, 2020: 13:00-14:30 EDT
What may be the root causes of your problem or issue? What are the symptoms, and what might they mean for the future? In this class, learn how to piece together the puzzle and anticipate how it will develop.
Diagnostic Techniques are used to formulate and refine ideas about what has happened or is currently transpiring by systematically exploring the nature of specific events or issues. This course introduces students to a set of diagnostic analytic tools and techniques they can use to:
- Identify the dynamics at work in an issue or problem and how they have impacted it thus far
- Reframe issues to better understand how forces or elements might combine to generate different outcomes in the future
- Uncover information gaps and inform future research design
Techniques Explored and Applied:
- Chronologies and Timelines
- Key Assumptions Check
- Multiple Hypotheses Generation
- Analysis of Competing Hypotheses
- Deception Detection
This course includes five 90-minute online instructor-led sessions, plus individual assignments, interaction with fellow learners on discussion boards, a capstone exercise, and a multiple choice exam.
Successful completion of this course satisfies part of Globalytica's Level 2 IAP Certification.