Available to organizations seeking private instruction or customized training solutions - click here to request more information.
Congratulations, you’re a manager…now what? This course aims to provide managers of analytic production with a masterclass in leadership, a roadmap to successful team building, and the skills to develop, then sustain a robust analytic culture.
Your role is crucial in helping analysts create useful, relevant analytic products. The supervisor—as team leader—provides not only inspiration and insight, but also substantive tradecraft expertise to members of the team. We offer instruction to managers who seek to:
- Develop analysts through tailored interactions
- Move analysis beyond description and history to explanation, evaluation, and estimation of future events
- Guide analysts to hone their skills so that they can manage the production of effective analysis and grow in their careers
- The leader’s role and characteristics
- The fundamentals of the analytic profession
- Building a robust analytic culture and high morale in the unit
- Identifying the client, defining the issue, stating the message, and creating a persuasive storyline for the analysis
- Enhancing product quality with Structured Analytic Techniques
- Establishing production standards and collaborative networks
- Using checklists to ensure the rigor of analytic products
- Delivering useful, implementable feedback to analysts of varying capabilities