E-PUB: The End of the Era of Aircraft Carriers
This publication includes a case study narrative, a set of questions to consider when analyzing the case, and a case solution.
Learn how critical thinking skills for developing an analytic approach, embracing collaboration, generating effective graphics, and crafting a compelling storyline were applied in this case study.
Imagine it is 2030. To everyone’s surprise, all but four countries have mothballed their aircraft carriers, and the US fleet has been reduced by half. Three factors have forced nations to eliminate aircraft carriers: technological advancements, global economic trends, and the adoption of more, cooperative maritime strategies. A review of this case study would reveal which key critical thinking principles and techniques were used in answering the following questions:
- What Is My Analytic Approach?
- Can Collaboration Contribute to a Better Answer?
- How Can Graphics Support My Analysis?
- How Do I Present My Message in the Most Compelling Way?
Includes one PDF download on one device, and requires downloading the Flux Player by Flickrocket (free-of-charge).
The Flux Player supports the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or newer, 1.5 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- Mac: 10.7.2 or newer, Intel processor
- Android: 2.3 and newer
- iOS: 9.0 or newer
- Kindle Fire: 5.1.2 and newer
- Chrome OS: 42.0 or newer