**Globalytica offers this course in both an instructor-led two-week online format and a three-day classroom setting. Please click on the drop-down menu above to select the training that you or your team requires. If you select group classroom training, a Globalytica representative will reach out to you within 48 business hours to confirm dates and other logistical details.
Do you think outside of the box? Do you question why the box even exists?
Critical thinking is the foundation of all analysis. Robust workloads demand robust thinking and this course will provide you with the skill set to meet those challenges. Learning modules, activities, exercises and discussion forums will teach participants to:
- Define an analyst’s roles, responsibilities and functions in analytic production
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Identify common cognitive biases and intuitive traps
- Show how the use of Structured Analytic Techniques can improve analysis
- Practice using critical thinking in analytic production
Topics and Techniques Explored:
- The definitions of analysis and critical thinking
- Various conceptual models and frameworks of analysis
- The concepts of cognitive bias and intuitive traps
- System 1 thinking (fast, efficient, and often unconscious or intuitive), and System 2 thinking (slow, deliberate, and analytic)
- The use of the Analytic Spectrum to distinguish between straightforward reporting and “sensemaking”
- How to apply critical thinking processes and tools to accelerate and improve analytic production