Learn how to use 24 structured analytic techniques to overcome mindsets, structure uncertainties, leverage your imagination, reduce the chance of surprise, and instill more rigor in your analysis.
Use of the techniques is growing steadily in the intelligence, homeland security, and law enforcement communities as well as in the private sector and across the globe!
The Handbook of Analytic Tools and Techniques provides a definition of each technique, advice on when to use it, a description of how each adds value to the analysis, and a step-by-step description of the specific method involved.
The Handbook is organized into five sections:
- Innovative Techniques – Break the Mold!
- Diagnostic Techniques – Crack the Code!
- Reframing Techniques – Challenge Your Mindset!
- Foresight Techniques – Anticipate the Future!
- Decision Support Tools- Make a Plan