FSATs: New Trajectories in European Security
DISCOUNTED PRICES ABOVE REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL 31 MARCH 2019.
18-19 April 2019: Bucharest, Romania (immediately following the IAFIE Europe conference)
They say hindsight is 20/20—we say foresight is even better. Learn how to anticipate the unforeseen for a competitive edge and a proactive analytic culture.
The objective of Foresight Analysis is to generate a solid set of scenarios to explore plausible alternative futures. Foresight Analysis helps analysts, decision makers, and policymakers contemplate multiple futures, challenge their assumptions, and anticipate change by identifying “unknown unknowns.” In this workshop, learners engage in hands-on strategic foresight exercises to:
- Identify key drivers of the future of European security
- Generate a set of alternative futures or trajectories
- Develop indicators for use as an early-warning mechanism
- Create action plans for leveraging the future
Techniques Explored and Applied:
- Key Drivers Generation™
- Key Uncertainties Finder™
- Multiple Scenarios Generation
- Indicators Generation and Validation
- Indicators Evaluation
- The Impact Matrix
This is a two-day classroom course, with up to 24 students. Instructor-led classroom learning emphasizes small group exercises.